TERMS AND CONDITIONS
MARRIOTT’S 48 HOUR FILM CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void outside of Florida and where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. There are two (2) phases of the Marriott’s 48 Hour Film Challenge (“Contest). The Contest (Phase 1, as described below) begins at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 24, 2019 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on August 17, 2019 (the "Contest Period"). The Challenge (Phase 2, as described below) begins on August 22, 2019 at 12:00 pm (“Eastern Time”) ET and ends on August 24, 2019 at 1:00 pm ET (the “Challenge Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
1. Eligibility: Marriott’s 48 Hour Film Challenge (“Contest”) is open to legal U.S. residents, residing in Florida, who are at least 18 years old as of date of entry, excluding members of SAG-AFTRA and/or those who are represented by an agent. The Challenge is open to the four (4) Finalist Teams (as described below). Employees, officers, and directors of JW Marriott Marco Island ("Sponsor"), Marriott International, 3000 Mile Productions, Robotoro Inc., any rental equipment companies, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. and any of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, mandataries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
2. Sponsor: The Sponsor is JW Marriott Marco Island Beach Resort, 400 S Collier Blvd, Marco Island, FL 34145.
3. How to Enter the Contest (Phase 1):
To enter, visit https://www.crn48hourfilmchallenge.com (“Site”) and complete all required fields of the onscreen registration form including providing a public URL link to your video that answers the question “what is a story?” and features you and your team [five (5) eligible members total] (together, a “Team” and individually, each a “Team member”) and you and all Team members must agree to all Challenge requirements (as stated on the Site), to receive one (1) entry into the Contest.
Each Team must designate one person as the leader (“Leader”) to enter the Contest, agree to the Official Rules and complete any required paperwork on behalf of the Team. An individual may only be a part of one (1) Team. No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, will be disclosed. Entries must be received during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per Team. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated or computer system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. If entering via mobile device, normal phone/data and usage charges imposed by your phone service may apply. Standard data rates may apply if entering via mobile device.
Incomplete, corrupted, or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; or miscommunications, computer or software malfunctions, telephone transmission problems, technical failures, garbled transmissions, damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware), or other errors or malfunctions of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization (which may include an employer) responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner(s) may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
Team members’ social media profiles must be keeping with Sponsor’s image or his/her Team may be disqualified. All entries must comply with the “Entry Requirements” set forth below.
Entry must be 2 minutes in length or less and must be in English.
Entry must be an original idea (modification of an original work is not an original idea). Entries must not copy or otherwise plagiarize from any source.
The entry must not have been submitted previously in a giveaway or promotion of any kind or previously exhibited or previously displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means.
The entry must not contain content that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
Any entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Entries must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent (including, but not limited to, nudity, or pornography), profane, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous (including words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group), violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc), or illegal (e.g., underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.).
The entry must not contain or depict material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination, including without limitation, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age. The entry must not contain or depict material that is threatening to any person, place, business, group, or world peace or contain words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic group.
The entry must not contain any content that infringes or may infringe third party rights, including, without limitation, any copyright, name, trademark, logo, trade dress, or other personal or proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity or make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising (including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names, charities, slogans, political, or religious statements), or be otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, publicly displayed and publicly accessible Sponsor content, materials, or products are permitted to be displayed in entries submitted for this Contest.
Entries must not include music protected by a copyright (but including music that you own or have the rights to use is permitted).
Any clothing shown in the photo/video should not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, phrases, trademarks or other third-party content or materials (but showing publicly displayed or publicly accessible Sponsor content, material, and products as described above is permitted).
The entry must not include any representation of celebrities, athletes, musicians, or any other third-party (public or private), include any anti-social, political or religious groups, any commercial solicitation or promotional materials or name, address, phone number, or URL address. Entries must not contain advertisements, personal solicitations or commercial solicitations.
Videos may not be owned, taken or edited by a professional videographer.
The entry must not contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, bots, spyware or any other computer code that is intended to damage, interfere with, or surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
Team members and all submitted entries must be in keeping with Sponsor's image as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, or entry will be disqualified from the Contest. The entry must not disparage persons or organizations associated with Sponsor.
Entries must not reference any of Sponsor’s competitors.
Each Entrant/Team grants to Sponsor a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license to copy, distribute, and display each submitted entry, in any media, and with right to use, copy, modify, edit, and create derivative works therefrom, and agrees to execute documents confirming such right and license at Sponsor’s reasonable request. By entering, each entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these Official Rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Contest. No information regarding entries, other than as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules will be disclosed.
Challenge Filming Requirements:
All Teams must be comprised of the following Team Members [one (1) of which must also be the Leader]: one (1) Writer; one (1) Director; one (1) Producer; one (1) Cinematographer; and one (1) Editor.
Entry may not feature additional people (other than Team members) in the video.
Team may not include or use drugs (legal or otherwise) or alcohol while the Challenge is underway.
Team must understand that they are completing the Challenge within a working resort and must remain respectful of the hotel staff and guests at all times.
Producer Team member must be reachable via cell phone during all stages of the Challenge.
Team may not have unauthorized guests during the duration of the Challenge.
Team may not consume mini bars in the room or deface the hotel rooms in any way. Any hotel expenses and damage done to the rooms outside of normal wear and tear of production will be charged directly to the Team.
During the Challenge, all Teams will be filmed for a separate Reality Show and by participating in the Challenge, all Team Members must agree to be part of the Reality Show filming.
Reality Show Filming Requirements:
By accepting to participate in the 48 Hour Challenge, each Team also agrees to participate in the filming of the Reality Show surrounding the Challenge.
Team members must abide by all Reality Show production team requests and needs for the show, as is reasonable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Team may not lock the doors to their filming/editing/production office locations or prevent the Reality Show production team from entering said locations (but doors may be locked when Teams are resting).
4. Determination of Finalist Teams:
On or about August 18, 2019, all eligible entries will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives, based on the following criteria: Originality/Creativity (70%) and Relevance to Theme (30%). The four (4) entries that receive the highest scores from the judges will be deemed the potential Finalist Teams. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged based 100-percent (100%) on Originality/Creativity.
Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. By participating, Team members agree to the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Under no circumstance will information regarding judging be shared with entrants/Team members.
5. Finalist Team Notification:
Potential Finalists Teams’ Leaders will be notified by email. Finalist Team Leaders will be sent via email (and must distribute to Team members), an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release and Assignment of Rights (“Affidavit”), along with these Official Rules, and all Team members will be required to complete, sign and return the Affidavit (along with any other required documentation, at Sponsor’s sole discretion) within 24 hours of being notified in order to be confirmed a Finalist Team.
If a potential Finalist Team fails to return the Affidavit within the required time period, or the prize notification is returned undeliverable, or in the event that a potential Finalist Team or any Team member is disqualified for any reason or is not eligible, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate Finalist Team determined as outlined in section 4 from among all remaining eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period, time permitting. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received throughout the Contest Period.
Potential Finalist Teams are subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final and BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. An entrant/Team member is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's/Team Member’s eligibility has been verified and entrant/Team member has been notified that verification is complete.
6. Challenge (Phase 2):
The Challenge is scheduled to take place at The JW Marriott Marco Island, on or about August 22, 2019 through August 24, 2019. Actual start and end times will be assigned to each Finalist Team prior to the Challenge, along with specific tasks/benchmarks that each Finalist Team must achieve, and corresponding scoring criteria to determine the Grand Prize winning Team. Start and end times are subject to change.
All Finalist Team members (of the same Team) must travel to the venue together and arrive for the Challenge at the same time or they may forfeit their Finalist spot.
Each Finalist Team will be assigned a theme room in which to start the Challenge and each Finalist Team’s start time may vary, based on the theme room assigned.
All times are subject to change.
Each Finalist Team must designate a specific role for each Team member, and each role comes with responsibilities that only that Team member is allowed to perform. Any of the Team members may take on the job of camera operator, audio, grip, electric, or even an actor, as long as the role has five (5) speaking lines or fewer and they keep the same role throughout the Challenge (until the possibility of Job Switch). NOTE: If any Team member is a professional in any of the below roles, they cannot be designated that same role for the Challenge.
a) Director: Directing, maintaining a shot list
b) Cinematographer: Renting gear, setting up shots and lighting, running the crew, maintaining a shot list
c) Producer: Budgeting, casting, communicating with a representative of Marriott’s Convention & Resort Network (“Executive Producer”)
d) Writer: Writing the dialogue
e) Editor: Managing and editing the footage
Each Finalist Team will be provided the following materials to produce a short film (between 8 and 10 minutes) during the Challenge (“Grand Prize Entry”):
a) Access to four 4) rooms which breaks down to two (2) Shoot Location Rooms, one (1) Production Office & Editing Room, one (1) Resting Room. Rooms will be designated to each Finalist Team by the Executive Producer within the confines of the Challenge.
b) Sponsor-selected props
c) A simulated production budget will be provided (for the sole purpose of managing a budget) that can be used toward equipment rentals and actor salaries. The budget will need to be approved by the Executive Producer. There will be no actual money exchange between the Team, equipment rentals, and actor salaries.
d) A group of twenty (20) actors will be available on-site and an equipment rental company will be on-site for the rentals.
e) A hard drive
f) One (1) line of dialogue that must be featured in each Finalist Team’s Grand Prize Entry
g) One (1) prop that must be featured in each Finalist Team’s Grand Prize Entry
h) A Rule book outlining the Challenge
i) Access to a production room
Once a Finalist Team’s budget is approved by the Executive Producer by their assigned deadline, that Team can proceed to gear rental. Once a Finalist Team’s script is approved by the Executive Producer by their assigned deadline, that Team can move forward to casting. Once a Finalist Team’s shot list is approved by the Executive Producer by their assigned deadline, that Team can start principal photography.
Deadlines and Benchmarks will be provided to Team Members when they arrive to complete the Challenge on August 22, 2019.
At random times during the Challenge Period, the Executive Producer will require Team members to take part in testimonials and scheduled interviews determind by the Executive Producers, at their discretion. Timing and location of Team on-camera testimonial(s) and interviews (during the time frame of the Challenge) is at the sole discretion of the Executive Producers and must be adhered to.
Scripts and testimonials must adhere to the following requirements:
a) No excessive profanity
b) No nudity
c) No drugs or alcohol
d) No religious main story
e) No political main story
f) No excessive murder scenes
All requirements above are in Executive Producer’s sole discretion. If any Finalist Team or Team member fails to appear at the Challenge at the scheduled time, that Finalist Team forfeits in its entirety.If for any reason, beyond the Executive Producer and Sponsor’s control, a piece of equipment breaks during the Challenge Period, the on-site rental company will make every attempt to rectify the situation. If a Finalist Team cannot proceed based on equipment, that Finalist Team will be disqualified.
At the end of the Challenge Period, each Finalist Team must submit their Grand Prize Entry on the hard drive provided, by 1:00 pm ET on August 24, 2019.
Once you are at the hotel, you cannot leave the hotel until the Challenge Period is over. You can leave after you turn in your Grand Prize Entry and come back for the Award Ceremony on the August 25, 2019, but leaving is discouraged.
7. Determination of the Grand Prize Winning Team:
There are a total of nineteen (19) points available to be earned by each Finalist Team:
a) Each deadline and benchmark (to be described to the Finalist Team upon arrival of the Challenge) is worth one (1) point, for a total of six (6) points.
b) If the script gets approved by the Executive Producer on the first round of review, one (1) point will be awarded.
c) All eligible Finalist entries will be re-judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives (as described below) to determine the following point allocations:
1. 1st Highest Judged: 12 points
2. 2nd Highest Judged: 8 points
3. 3rd Highest Judged: 6 points
4. 4thHighest Judged: 4 points
On or about 7:00p.m. ET on August 24, 2019, all eligible Finalist entries will be re-judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives, based on the following criteria to determine the order of the Finalist Teams: Story (50%); Use of Space Provided (30%); and Production Value (10%). In the event of a tie, tied Finalist entries will be re-judged based 100-percent (100%) on Story. The Grand Prize winner will be announced live at an awards ceremony, which will take place on 8/25/2019 at 8:00 pm ET.
Decisions of the Sponsor and judges are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest/Challenge. By participating, entrants/Team members agree to the decisions of the judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Under no circumstance will information regarding judging be shared with entrants/Team members.
8. Determination of Team Member Prize Winners: During the Challenge, the Executive Producer will evaluate each Team member individually and in their discretion, will determine individual Team member winners (5 total) based on the defined roles (“Role”):
9. Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (1): A professional meeting (“Meeting”) with a Film industry mentor (“Mentor”). Date of Meeting and Exact Mentor to be determind by the Sponsor. There is no retail value associated with the Grand Prize.
Finalist Team Prize (4): The opportunity to participate in the Challenge and a four (4) night stay at the JW Marriott Marco Island for the Challenge (August 21 – August 25, 2019). ARV: $219.80 per Team Member. Transportation to/from the JW Marriott Marco Island/Team members’ homes is NOT included with the Finalist Team Prize.
Team Member Prize (5 – as broken out above): A Sponsor-specified award for the best Role (“Award”). Award has no retail value.
Prize Restrictions: All prizes components are Sponsor-specified. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion if any advertised prize (or portion of a prize) becomes unavailable. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prizes not specifically stated herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. As applicable, Marriott stays are subject to expiration dates and blackout dates apply. Air/Ground Transportation to or from each Marriott stay are not included as a portion of the prize. Major credit card required at check-in to cover any incidental charges. All details of the Grand Prize are in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest/Challenge, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, applicable Finalist Teams/Grand Prize winner will be determined as outlined in sections 4 & 7 above from among all eligible entries/Finalist Teams received/determined prior to cancellation. Sponsor, 3000 Mile Productions, Robotoro Inc., and their agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen or misdirected entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT/TEAM MEMBER OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, and/or the legitimate operation of the Contest; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Contest or suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) Finalist Teams/Grand Prize Winner will be determined as outlined in section 4 & 7 above from among all eligible entries/Finalist Teams received/determined up to time of impairment.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability:By participating in this Contest, entrants/Team members agree that Sponsor, 3000 Mile Productions, Robotoro Inc., Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS/TEAM MEMBERS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS/TEAM MEMBERS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST OR IN ANY PROMOTION RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, ENTRANTS/TEAM MEMBERSAGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY SUCH SITE.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. Publicity and Intellectual Property Release. EACH ENTRANT/TEAM MEMBER GRANTS TO SPONSOR A WORLDWIDE, ROYALTY-FREE, PERPETUAL, NON-EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND LICENSE TO COPY, DISTRIBUTE, AND DISPLAY EACH SUBMITTED ENTRY, IN ANY MEDIA, AND WITH RIGHT TO USE, COPY, MODIFY, EDIT, AND CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS THEREFROM, AND AGREES TO EXECUTE DOCUMENTS CONFIRMING SUCH RIGHT AND LICENSE AT SPONSOR’S REASONABLE REQUEST. ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IF SPONSOR ELECTS TO USE ENTRANT'S SUBMISSIONS, ENTRANT/TEAM MEMBER WILL EXECUTE ANY DOCUMENTS REQUESTED BY SPONSOR REGARDING THIS ASSIGNMENT. IF ANY USE BY SPONSOR OF THE SUBMISSIONS CAUSES IT TO BE LIABLE TO ANY THIRD PARTY, ENTRANT/TEAM MEMBER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVE AND ALL RELATED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, COSTS, JUDGMENTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES) WHICH IT INCURS AS A RESULT OF ITS USE OF THE SUBMISSIONS.
13. Nature of Relationship/Waiver of Equitable Relief:Each entrant/Team member understands and acknowledges that Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant/Team member also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the entry and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant/Team member acknowledges and agrees that such entrant/Team member will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor's use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant/Team member acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the entry. Finally, each entrant/Team member acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant/Team member relating to or arising out of Sponsor actual or alleged exploitation or use of any entry or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant/Team member will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant/Team member to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the entry or any material based on or allegedly based on the entry, and the entrant's/Team member’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant/Team member agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the District of Maryland the appropriate State Court located in Maryland; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant/Team member be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant/Team member hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Maryland, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Maryland or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Maryland.
16. Official Rules and Winners List:For a copy of the Official Rules, visit https://www.crn48hourfilmchallenge.com. For a list of winners available for ninety (90) days after August 25, 2019 send an email to: Amy.Popper@marriott.com. Winners List will be sent after all prizes have been awarded.
The JW Marriott Marco Island shall not be liable for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein. Copyright ©2019 Marriott International. Marriott® and other trademarks and/or logos used herein are trademarks/logos of Marriott International, Inc. or other owners in the United States and/or other countries. All rights reserved.